There are many themes with lot of features and functions. These so called themes can be installed using two methods which are through:
i. WordPress Dashboard
ii. Online FTP Sites
INSTALLING THEME THROUGH WORDPRESS DASHBOARD
1. Login to WordPress Dashboard, usually www.yoursite.ext/wp-admin by default. The dasboard would show as below.
2. Look at the left side Menu, click on appearance and then click on themes and you would be provided with something like the image below.
3. From the page above, click on Add New at the top of the page, another page shows
4. Here you can search for free themes on wordpress site and install them.Otherwise If you have the theme on your phone or PC as zip file then you can install the theme by clicking on upload at top left of the page.
5. A page comesup with an uploader as above, just click on browse to choose your zip wordpress theme file and click on Install Now.
Wait till everything is done and you would be provided with a page telling you about successful uploading of the theme.
For the theme to start working visit the wordpress theme page in the dashboard and activate it.
INSTALLING THEMES THROUGH ONLINE FTP
1. Login to an ftp site e.g. net2ftp.com
2. Enter your host details and login, move down to the directory: ../root/wp-content/themes
3. Upload your zip theme file into the directory: ../root/wp-content/themes.
4. Unzip the zip file into the same directory: ../root/wp-content/themes.
5. Finally visit the WordPress Dashbaord Themes Page to Activate the Theme Unzipped and Installed.