There are so many applications available on the Google play store to boost up your android device. Most of them raise your device by clearing cache by removing temporary files, by enhancing the battery life and stopping apps running in the background but what actually takes space on your device is duplicate files. I have written about how to remove duplicate files on PC before but this time around it is about Android smartphone duplicate file remover. Identifying this Systweak Software developed an app which is capable of detecting duplicate files and to remove them. The best part about this application is that it finds and removes duplicates on the basis of the content of the file. So if there is any other duplicate file with another name the app is also capable of finding it.
- Customized and full scan: On the home screen of application you can select under what type of files you want to find and remove duplicates.
You can select individual file types and can tap on Scan now rather if you will select full Scan the app will find all the duplicates in all the file types. Next it will scan for duplicate files and you will see a screen like this.
- Marking duplicate files: Once scan of duplicate files is complete you will see the duplicates. All the duplicate files are marked up for deletion by default. You can set this mark up as per your convenience. There are four options to markup duplicate files. Mark All expect First’, ‘Mark All expect Last’, ‘Unmark Shortest File Location’ and ‘Unmark All’. You can choose one of them and they work perfect if there are more than one duplicates for a file.
- Deletion or Backup: After you are done with the Mark-up of duplicate files you can choose from delete or Backup. It is a good idea to take backup before deleting files. When you will tap on back up you will be redirectedto right backup app and by using this app you can safely backup your data on the cloud.
- Personalize app going to settings menu: You can do a lot going to settings menu. You can set your own default preferences and application will become easier to use. You will find following options in settings.
- Ignore list. If you want a specific file or a folder not to include in the duplicate scan, then you can add it to ignore list. Some files are important to us, and we intentionally copy them to multiple locations on our device so ignore list is the way to keep them untouched.
- Select Filters. Under filter selection you can personalize scan with selecting /unselecting Same name, size, content, 0-byte files and hidden files and folders.
- Duplicate file fixer is in multiple global languages. You can choose a language of your choice.
- There are two teams in this app Classic and Material. Material theme has animations, and it displays results categorically.
We can say if we go to search duplicates manually it will take hours and hours and Systweak duplicate files fixer do it for us in few minutes. So what are you waiting for get this wonderful app on your device right now and free up the space occupied by duplicate files?